Thursday, January 13, 2011

Group Therepy

Today was my first group session. I got to the gym at 5:45am and was ready for action. With my new workout outfit and shoes, I had lots of confidence going in and introducing myself to Pat who runs the Group Ride session. It has been since grade 6 that I have participated in a group workout! And it was fun.

Pat showed me the 3 positions that are used in Group Ride. Riding, Racing and Hill Climbing. She also told me about some ways to keep from hurting joints and where to position myself into it. There were 6 others in the class 5 of whom were experienced.

As it started I thought I had made a mistake! It was really hard! I Tried to keep the resistance up and found myself at a slower pace than the rest of the class. No matter though, Pat said that the first few rides will be like that as my form gets used to it.

Endurance wasn't really an issue. I saved some energy for myself because I didn't know what to expect. I figure next time I can push a little harder and feel the burn a bit more at the end. All in all though, it was new and fun. I think I'll go again.

I'm going to be fit. I am going to have endurance. I am going to be ripped! After the Group Ride class, I went by the trainer's desk wondering to myself if I should work out. Nadine was there and she asked me If Im doing a workout. I said I was thinking of it and she replied "Yea you're gonna!" So I did.

After 45 minutes of group cardio, I did another 25 minutes of weight lifting! Yee Haw! I feel great! Its a winning combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment