Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holiday Ouch!

OK Holidays came and it was the triumphant start to the new 6-week exercise program. Christmas Eve. I had a few hours in the morning to go meet with the trainer Patrick. He did a great job doing the body measurements and getting a new program worked out...

But I went too hard on my first go! Ouch... put out my back big time. Christmas eve till after new years, my back was very sore. It still aches and is very stiff in the morning. but I am going back to get better and start this second week over again.

Today, I will take some time to exercise lightly and talk to a trainer about how to get back to work. Nothing heavy at first... maybe swimming? low impact anyway.

Now lets talk about Holiday eating from a laid-up guy. I did not eat the best foods, lets just start there. I did not stick to eating every 2 hours and writing down my calorie intake. I am glad because that would be horrific to see. I did not over-do meals, but rather, I snacked on too much junky junk food. Lots of crackers chips and chocolate.
Don't get me wrong! I'm not upset about it. I just want to say that I am back to it as of today and going with it all the way. I will really have to watch what I eat for the next week or so because the Calorie Levels that I burn will come down considerably due to lack of exercise intensity.
So I will need to eat lots of veggies and healthy stuff this week as I get back from the back injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment